Marin School of the Arts
Novato High School
Make-Up Assignments MSA Dance
Calendar of Events and Performances
Videos & Photos
Professional Development for Seniors
Muscles of the Leg
Injuries of the Foot, Ankle and Lower Leg
Follow the links below and read the information about Ruth St. Denis and Ted Shawn. Take thorough notes as you read.
Ruth St. Denis
Watch the videos below and take notes on the quality and style of movement.
Click Here and Watch Video
of Ruth St. Denis
Answer the following questions about Ruth St. Denis and Ted Shawn
1. What type of dancing did Ruth do as a teenager?
2. What did Ruth see that inspired her to explore Asian art and dance?
3. Name at least two pieces that Ruth created before meeting Ted Shawn in 1914.
4. What was the name of the dance school that Ruth and Ted created?
5. Describe music visualization.
6. Why did Ted Shawn begin dancing?
7. Name at least two famous dancers that came out of the Denishawn school.
8. What were the specific roles that Ruth and Ted each took on in the Denishawn school?
9. Which longstanding annual dance festival did Ted Shawn found?
10. List one of Ted Shawn's major achievements.
Create a free website